Darlington Libraries offer a variety of ways to enjoy digital reading at home or on the go | Free as part of your Library Membership
Access some great titles on your tablet, smartphone, computer or digital audio player
- Borrow up to 10 books at a time from our growing collection
- Items are automatically returned after 21 days, unless you return them early, so there are never fines for late books!
- Stream or download as many magazines as you like from our collection of more than 50 popular titles
- You can keep them on your device for as long as you like
- Don’t worry if you missed an issue, we have loads of back issues too!
- Choose from thousands of Comic Books and Graphic Novels to download or stream
- You can check out up to 25 titles at a time for a 7-day period
Welcome to the Digital Book and AudioBook service from Darlington Libraries
'OneClick digital' is now called 'rb digital'
Existing OneClick digital users; You can now update your software and Apps here
Access best selling Digital Books & Audiobooks on your computer, MP3 player, tablet or mobile phone for free!
- Register and use the service from home using your Darlington Library Membership Card
- Simple 'One Click' download process
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android phones / tablets, Amazon Fire & PCs
- Available 24 hours a day
- Large number of titles to choose from
How to create an rb digital account
You will need to be a member of Darlington Libraries to access the service and then register and create an account with RB Digital
Simply go to the rb digital website.You will need to enter your library card number and make sure you fill in all the boxes. You will be asked to create a username and password which you will use to login in the future. Once you have created your account, you will just need your username and password for each visit after that
It is best to install Media Manager when you create your account, although it is still possible to download the software without it. You can change this option at any time by going to 'My Account' and then 'Preferences'
Getting help and support
There is plenty of help available within the site, by visiting the support pages here
Digital Book compatibility
Digital Books may be downloaded onto e-Reader devices running Adobe Digital Editions. Our Digital Books are not currently compatible with the 'Amazon Kindle', however, they are compatible with the 'Amazon Fire' and 'Amazon FireHD' through an app available in the Amazon App store.
Read full digital copies of your favourite magazines for free from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Over 50 magazines are currently available covering everything from food to computers, and music to art. Titles include New Scientist; Hello!; BBC Good Food; Men's HealthTotal Film; PC Pro; Digital Camera World; Top Gear; Womans Own; Heat and much more. Borrow an unlimited number of magazines to keep forever or delete when you want.
Comics Plus: Library Edition allows you to read thousands of digital graphic novels and comic books on your computer, tablet, smartphone, gaming systems or any internet-connected device. You can check out up to 25 titles at a time for a 7-day period.
Go to Comics Plus: Library Edition and click on register to activate your account. Check out titles you like and find your checkouts in the My Comics section. A banner on the cover tells you how many days you have left to read the title. When the seven days are completed, the book is automatically returned. Comics and graphic novels cannot be returned early.